MyTaptu To Take On Flipboard And Pulse In The Touch Aggregator Stakes
Touch interfaces for content and social media are, thanks to applications like Pulse and Flipboard – the ‘new new thing’. They are presenting streams of information in a far easier to digest manner and generating lots of engagement. Think how long you might spend on an app like Tweetdeck and then work out what would happen if that way of consuming went even more mainstream, especially on tablets like the iPad.
Well this appears to be the ambition of a new free Android and iPhone app which launches today, MyTaptu, and will appear on iPad in due course. It’s also part of the re-invention of its maker, Taptu, which has until now specialised in mobile search and touch-based interfaces for mobile, but is now bringing that expertise to bear on an app which promises to organise your social and content streams in a highly scalable way. And they appear to have the firepower.
Currently Pulse only lets you add 20 streams to the app, while Flipboard allows for 21 ‘sections’. MyTaptu will let users have have 5000 mixed streams. That is a huge difference. Taptu could well have a chance against Flipboard and Pulse with its new app when it eventually launches on iPad in December.
- Taptu Brings A Personalized And Customizable Social News Reading App To The iPad
- Pulse Updates iPhone And Android Apps With Social Feeds, Improved Sharing, More Sources
- Showyou: Flipboard-like App For Videos For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- With a New Version, FLUD Hopes to Take on Pulse And Flipboard as Your iPad News Reader
- News.me’s Social News Aggregator For The iPad Now Live On The App Store