Andreesen Offers New Browser ‘Rockmelt’
DrHeasley writes “Rockmelt, available for the first time Monday, is built on the premise that most online activity today revolves around socializing on Facebook, searching on Google, tweeting on Twitter and monitoring a handful of favorite websites. It tries to minimize the need to roam from one website to the next by corralling all vital information and favorite services in panes and drop-down windows. ‘This is a chance for us to build a browser all over again,’ Andreessen said. ‘These are all things we would have done (at Netscape) if we had known how people were going to use the Web.’”
- Accel, Khosla, and Andreessen Horowitz Pour Another $30 Million Into Social Browser RockMelt
- Facebook Is Taking A Special Interest In RockMelt’s Social Browser
- RockMelt — Right Browser, Wrong Platform?
- RockMelt Browser Opens Up To All, More Quietly This Time
- RockMelt: A Browser Built For Sharing (First Impressions And 500 Exclusive Invites)