iOS 4.2 To Bring Performance Improvements To iPhone 3G?
Folks at TiPB have tested iOS 4.2 GM on an iPhone 3G to find out if the performance is better.
Back in June when Apple had released iOS 4, iPhone 3G users had reported that it had slowed down their iPhone, which has forced some of them to downgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.3 or try workarounds to make it faster.
TiPB had this to say after upgrading iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2 GM version:
iPhone 3Gâ€™s hardware isnâ€™t as fast and itâ€™s RAM is literally a quarter of iPhone 4â€™s but it did a decent job typing, scrolling, pinching, and zooming its way around iOS 4.2.
You can checkout the video to get a better idea:
Apple had seeded iOS 4.2 GM version to developers earlier in the week and is expected to release iOS 4.2 sometime this week.
Based on the video, the performance seems to be better. Let us know your take in the comments section below.
- Facebook App For iPhone Updated; Brings Timeline, Friend Lists And Performance Improvements
- Steve Jobs: Software Update For iPhone 3G Users To Fix iOS 4 Performance Issue Coming Soon
- FireCore Releases aTV Flash (Black) Beta6 For Apple TV 2G; Includes Huge Improvements In Playback Performance
- iOS 5 Beta 3 Brings Performance Improvements, Additional Location Controls, Voice Roaming Toggle & More
- iPhone 4S Vs iPhone 4 Speed Test: Boot Up Time, App Launching Speed, Web Browsing Performance & Gaming Performance