Ask a VC in Indonesia: Is East Ventures Early or Crazy? [TCTV]
Welcome to part two of Ask a VC in Southeast Asia. This week, it’s Wilson Cuaca and Chandra Tjan of East Ventures. I shot this video in Singapore, but they invest primarily in Indonesia where East is one of the only traditional early stage VC firms.
Over delicious crab, we discuss the Web opportunities in Southeast Asia, whether startups should focus locally or globally, and perhaps the most important and most divisive question: Whether Singapore or Indonesia has the better cuisine. Enjoy.
Ask a VC will return to the Valley next week. Not sure who the guest is, but send in your questions now to AskaVC(at)techcrunch(dot)com.
- Ask a VC: The Southeast Asian Edition
- Ask a VC: Is Southeast Asia’s Economic Growth for Real This Time? [TCTV]
- Groupon Acquires Indonesian Group Buying Site Disdus
- Holtzbrinck Ventures And HarbourVest Closes €117M Early Stage Fund
- Hey, Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare: Zynga and I Are in Indonesia. Where Are You?