> Swedes Show Intel Sandy Bridge Running BIOS-Successor UEFI
Swedes Show Intel Sandy Bridge Running BIOS-Successor UEFI
An anonymous reader writes “SweClockers.com has gotten it hands on a Intel Sandy Bridge motherboard running Unified Extensible Firmware Interface, the long awaited successor of age-old BIOS. Among the differences is a significantly more user-friendly interface, the ability to boot from drivers larger than 2 TB and faster boot times. Check it out, on video, in Swedish.” Here’s an Google’s translation of the article.
Source: Swedes Show Intel Sandy Bridge Running BIOS-Successor UEFI
- Demystifying UEFI, the Overdue BIOS Replacement
- Intel Unveils ‘Sandy Bridge’ Architecture
- Intel’s Sandy Bridge Processor Has a Kill Switch
- Sandy Bridge-E CPUs Too Hot For Intel?
- Sandy Bridge Motherboards Dissected, Compared
Categories: slashdot anonymous reader, article source, awaited successor, Boot, boot times, google, Intel, interface, reader, Sandy Bridge, SweClockers