Twitter Updates Their Android App — To Be Almost Exactly Like Their iPhone App
Twitter has just released an update to their Android app into the Market. So what’s new? Well, it’s faster for one thing. But perhaps more significantly, it now looks andÂ functionsÂ much more like their popular iPhone app.
Specifically, the Pull-to-Refresh and Swipe-to-Reveal features that have been standard on the iPhone version since it was still known as “Tweetie” have made their way to the Android version. There is also a new Tweets detail page that yes, looks exactly like the iPhone version.
Twitter also promises that this latest version should be much faster. The company says they’re trying a new way of drawing timelines that should make scrolling smoother.
Twitter previously worked with the Android team at Google to ship the original version of the app. It was good, but not as good as Twitter for iPhone. Now it looks like it may be closer.
- Pulse Updates iPhone And Android Apps With Social Feeds, Improved Sharing, More Sources
- Twitter Updates Mac Client With Multiple Timelines, Cleaner Design, Auto-Complete And More
- Android Outsells iPhone In Last 6 Months
- Twitter Rolls Out Slick Mobile Web App: It’s Like Twitter For iPhone But Upside Down
- Android 2.0 — Competition Against the iPhone and the Rest