Shwowp Launches In Limited Beta, Invites You To Join
TechCrunch Disrupt finalist Shwowp announces today that it is opening up its social purchase sharing platform to its 2000 strong waiting list plus extending an invite to the first 500 TechCrunch readers to sign up here.
Founded by Whuffie Factor author Tara Hunt, Cassandra Girard and Jerome Paradis, the Montreal-based Shwowp organizes consumer data in order to help vendors better target discounts and promotions and help consumers control their purchase information, which up to this point has only existed in silos.
Beta users can now forward all receipts and order confirmations to email@example.com as well as directly upload them. Shwowp will then aggregate the information, allowing you to add photos, comments, track trends and share your shopping history with friends through Twitter, Facebook and email.
Hunt says Shwowp’s future plans include adding about 50 stores per week to its database and opening the service up to all users in November. Shwowp is bootstrapped and angel funded and is currently looking for seed investment.
- Purchase Sharing Site Shwowp Becomes Buyosphere, Opens To The Public
- Xobni Is Coming To Gmail, Android, And iPhone (100 Beta Invites)
- Harvard Undergrads Launch Newsie To Find News About Your Friends (Beta Invites)
- As Google+ Invites Are Locked Down Here Are Some Work-arounds
- Spool Lets You View Video, Even When You’re Offline [Beta Invites]