iOS 4.2: First Game Center, Multitasking Enabled iPad Apps Appearing On App Store
Apple is all set to release the iOS 4.2 update later this month for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, which will finally bring support for long awaited iOS 4 features such as multitasking, Game Center, Apple’s social gaming platform etc to the iPad.
It looks like the first iPad apps with Game Center, multitasking support have started appearing on the App Store.
The first of the iPad compatible games with support for Game Center on the iPad would be Big Bad Sudoku Book (iTunes link). For Game Center app to be available on the iPad, it requires iOS 4.2.
The game also gets multitasking support on the iPad now.
Here are some of the new features according to the What’s New section:
- Full support for iOS 4.2 including Game Center and background tasking on the iPad.
- Now supports/allows background audio – play internet radio apps, soma fm via safari, or ipod music while playing the game.
Apple seeded the golden master version of iOS 4.2 to developers earlier in the week so it should be released to users shortly.
Are you excited about the multitasking feature on the iPad? Do you think multitasking will improve the user experience on the iPad? Let us know your views in the comments.
- First iOS 4 Multitasking Enabled iPhone Apps Available On The App Store
- Navigon Demos iOS 4 Multitasking Enabled MobileNavigator iPhone App
- iPhone OS 4.0 Brings Multitasking, Ad Framework For Apps
- Multifl0w Brings Expos-like Multitasking To iPhone, iPod Touch And iPad
- iOS 5 Features For iPad: Multitasking Gestures And AirPlay Mirroring [Videos]