iOS 4.2 Already Jailbroken Using Redsn0w
Theyâ€™ve posted the following update on their blog:
Today Apple released to developers the GM seed for 4.2. Tinkerers will find that yesterdayâ€™s redsn0w jailbreaks todayâ€™s 4.2 GM seed, simply by pointing redsn0w at the 4.1 IPSW (rather than the 4.2 one). Right now it mostly only makes sense for JB app developers to do that because many apps (including Cydia itself) need to be updated for 4.2. However, if all you want to do is enable afc2 (to use iFunBox or other file browsers), or to tweak settings like Battery % and Homescreen wallpapers, then go for it (if you have valid paid access to the GM seed). Be sure to uncheck the Cydia box, though! Ultrasn0w unlockers should stay very far away from this!!
So users who want to unlock their iPhone should avoid upgrading to iOS 4.2 for now.
Comex developer of popular jailbreaking tools like Spirit and Jailbreakme has tweeted that the jailbreak tools for iOS 4.2 might be delayed as Cydia â€“ the jailbreak app that is required to install jailbreak apps doesnâ€™t work with iOS 4.2.
However, a 4.2 jailbreak might be delayed because Cydia doesn’t work on 4.2 yet. Not sure how close @chpwn is to finishing his fixes.
Dev Team is planning to release a new version of Ultrasn0w for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G usersfew days after iOS 4.2 is released.
Are you looking forward to the iOS 4.2 update? Do you plan to jailbreak it? Please let us know in the comments section below.
[via Dev Teamâ€™s blog]
- Jailbreak iOS 5: iPhone Dev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.8b4; OTA Update Don’t Work On Jailbroken iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- iOS 5 Beta 3 Can Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b1; But App Store Apps Are Not Working
- iOS 5 Beta 2 Can Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b1
- iOS 5 Can Be Jailbroken Using Redsn0w And Sn0wbreeze
- iOS 4.3.2 Already Jailbroken Using Redsn0w And PwnageTool