For Leetchi, Good Accounts Make Good Friends. And Investors.
The first time we talked about Leetchi on TechCrunch was back in February – only 3 months after its official launch in November 2009. At the time, the young company created by 27-year-old CÃ©line Lazorthes had just raised funding with Kima Ventures and 360 Capital Partners. Some of France’s hottest business angels, like Oleg Tscheltzoff and Xavier Niel, are also investors. And now the company is about to celebrate its first birthday on November 19th with 1.2 million euros in the bank.
Along the same lines as YCombinator‘sÂ WePay, Leetchi’s platform facilitates group payments and purchases. And coincidentally, WePay – who raised $7.5 million back in August – is also backed by some rather well-known angel investors, including Max Levchin, Ron Conway and Dave McClure.
- On Its First Birthday, WePay Celebrates As Engagement Quintuples In Last 90 Days
- Investors Throw Another $50 Million Into SpaceX
- Groupon For Nightlife Poggled Raises $5.6M From Groupon Investors
- Ycombinator’s WePay Partners With GroupSpaces To Let Groups Collect Cash
- Fortumo Cracks Open Piggy Bank To Let Android Devs Offer Carrier Billing Via SMS