Microsoft’s Silverlight Strategy ‘Has Shifted’
An anonymous reader writes “It looks like Microsoft might finally be realizing that Silverlight can’t cover every platform, according to this conversation with Bob Muglia: ‘… when it comes to touting Silverlight as Microsoft’s vehicle for delivering a cross-platform runtime, “our strategy has shifted,” Muglia told [ZDNet]. Silverlight will continue to be a cross-platform solution, working on a variety of operating system/browser platforms, going forward, he said. “But HTML is the only true cross platform solution for everything, including (Apple’s) iOS platform,” Muglia said.’”
- Microsoft Responds To Silverlight Uproar With “Silverlight Silverlight Silverlight Silverlight”
- Microsoft Has Seen The Light. And It’s Not Silverlight.
- Silverlight 5 — Back From the Dead?
- Silverlight Stall: Microsoft Says Final Word on v5 ‘in the Coming Weeks’
- Microsoft Silverlight 4 vs. Adobe Flash 10.1