iPhone Hacktivation Using Phonebook SIM Card Blocked By Apple
iPhone developer and hacker, Sherif Hasim had figured out an easy way to activate iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G without needing the official iPhone carrier SIM.
He had discovered that using any phonebook SIM card it was possible to activate your iPhone.
He has just reported that Apple has fixed the bug, which allowed activation using any phonebook SIM.
Hasim announced the news on Twitter:
Sometime today, apple has fixed the bug thru which Phonebook sim cards used to activate, they r of NO USE anymore, don't depend on/buy them
Tools like limera1n, greenpois0n, PwnageTool that make use of Geohot’s low-level bootrom exploit to jailbreak iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch on iOS 4.1 can also activate iPhone so this news should not be a concern for users who want to hactivate their iPhone without needing the official iPhone carrier.
But the fact that Apple has fixed the bug definitely indicates that it is working hard to stay ahead of the cat and mouse game with the iPhone jailbreaking community.
What do you think?
[via Sherif Hasim]
- How To Activate Your iPhone Without Official iPhone Carrier SIM
- How To Fix “Different SIM Detected” Problem After Jailbreaking Your iPhone Using JailbreakMe
- Apple Starts Selling Square Credit Card Reader For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch – The Future Of Payments
- Starbucks Mobile Card App Lets You Pay For Coffee With Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Some iPhone 4S Users Complaining About SIM Card Issues