Google Ventures Invest In HomeAway At $1.4 Billion Valuation
Google Ventures has invested in Austin, Texas based HomeAway, a vacation home rental service, at a $1.4 billion valuation, we’ve heard from a source. The New York Times first broke the story, but doesn’t have details on valuation or amount invested.
Our source says Google Ventures invested somewhere around $25 million in the company.
Google Ventures bought stock directly from existing shareholders and the money isn’t being injected into HomeAway. The valuation was set in the last round of financing, a massive $250 million raise in 2008.
The company has been growing rapidly since launching in 2005, partly through acquisitions. We’ve estimated revenue to be in the $200 million range, with $70 million or so in profit.
Around half a billion dollars has been invested in HomeAway to date.
- Google Ventures Buys A Stake In HomeAway
- HomeAway Prices IPO Between $24 And $27 Per Share, Now Valued At $2 Billion
- HomeAway Prices IPO At $27 Per Share With A Market Cap Of $2 Billion
- HubSpot Heating Up, Sequoia And Google Ventures Looking To Invest
- Twitter Raising New Venture Round at $3 Billion Valuation