Cloud Computing Startup Nomadesk Raises $7 Million Series B To Support US Expansion
Perhaps this will change in the near future, as the Belgian company has just raised $7 million in Series B financing to support its plans for expansion in North America.
To bring its solutions to market, Nomadesk partners with operators and OEMs, and it’s precisely that indirect business that it aims to accelerate using the new funds. The company already boasts agreements with leading ISPs and hosting companies in Belgium, namely Telenet and Hostbasket, but has also struck partnerships with US-based Novatel Wireless and Canada’s Bell.
With the new funds, Nomadesk intends to expand its international presence as its pipeline for new partners in North America and other parts of the world is filling up nicely, according to the company.
Nomadesk, for the first time to my knowledge, also publicly disclosed who sits on its board of directors. Apart from management and investor representatives, the board includes people like Yves Michali (formerly at Novell, Microsoft, Mobiclick and Groove Networks) and Yvan Morel de Westgaver (previously an executive at EDS and now an active private equity investor).
Nomadesk has now raised more than $10 million in venture capital.
- Hybrid Cloud Hosting Startup Voxel Raises $5.5 Million
- Coraid Raises $25 Million Series B To “Disrupt The Data Storage Market”
- Cloudbees Raises $4 Million From Matrix Partners For Java Cloud Computing Play
- Peter Thiel Invests $3 Million In Xero To Support Its US Expansion
- Cloud Technology Startup Cotendo Raises $17 Million From Citrix, Juniper, VCs