iOS 4.2 Jailbroken Using Sn0wbreeze
iH8sn0w has jailbroken iOS 4.2 beta 3 that was seeded to developers of Apple’s iOS Developer Program two weeks back.
iH8sn0w announced the news via Twitter:
Yay! iPad 4.2 b3 jailbroken. — http://moby.to/4ttxrx // Weird that MobileTerminal runs in simulator. :/
He has also published the following screenshot as proof:
Update regarding Sn0wbreeze for iOS 4.1:
Meanwhile, Windows users are still waiting for Sn0wbreeze 2.1. iH8sn0w had published screenshots of Sn0wbreeze 2.1 for iOS 4.1 few days back, which will use the same exploit that was used in limera1n.
Like PwnageTool 4.1.2 that is already available for Mac users, Sn0wbreeze 2.1 will also allow users to update their iPhone with a pre-jailbroken iOS 4.1 firmware while preserving the baseband so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.
In case you’re not aware, Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 is already available, which supports the following devices:
iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) — Requires you to be on 3.1.2.
iPod Touch 2G (MB)
iPod Touch 2G (MC) — Requires you to be on 3.1.2
iPod Touch 3G — Requires you to be on 3.1.2
Sn0wbreeze 2.1 will support additional devices (highlighted in bold below), essentially all devices that iOS 4.1 works with, which means iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (old and new bootrom), iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and the new Apple TV. It can also be used to jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2.2.
There is currently no ETA on when iH8sn0w will release Sn0wbreeze 2.1.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 Released To Fix Error 17, 40 And Hacktivation Problems
- Sn0wbreeze To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released
- Sn0wbreeze 2.8 Updated To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 2 For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 2 Gets Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Support For iPhone 3GS With Older Bootrom
- Release Of Sn0wbreeze 2.0 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G Imminent