Former StubHub Execs Raise $2.5M For Ticket Management Software Company
Spotlight Ticket Management, which offers Web-based ticket management software for venue owners and operators, sports teams and the like, has secured a $2.5 million round of Series A financing led by Point Judith Capital.
Sports media entrepreneur Brian Bedol, founder of the former Classic Sports Network (now ESPN Classic) and CSTV (now CBS College Sports), has also joined the round of financing.
Founded by former StubHub executives, Spotlight prides itself in partnering with everyone in the ticket value chain, including leagues, teams, companies, marketplaces, and event providers.
According to the company, the product is already in use by over 1,000 corporations such as NBC Universal, Motorola and 20 teams in the four major professional sports leagues, including the Miami HEAT and Chicago Bears.
As part of the financing agreement, Sean Marsh David Martirano, both co-founder and General Partner at Point Judith, will join the Spotlight board of directors.
Spotlight was founded by Joe Greiner (CEO), Tony Knopp (President) and Aric Haut (COO) – all three had executive sales positions at StubHub before kicking off Spotlight.
- IBM Buys Information Management Software Company PSS Systems
- Oracle Buys Web Content Management Company Fatwire Software
- Cisco To Acquire Network Management Software Company LineSider
- Unseat.me Adds A Social Layer To StubHub; Takes The Anonymity Out Of Selling Tix Online
- IBM Buys Real Estate And Facilities Management Software Company Tririga