Trend.ly Lands $1 Million To Discover What’s Trending Online In Realtime
A small Turkish startup called lunar technologies has raised $1 million for one of its ventures, Trend.ly, managing director Ercan Yaris tells me. The money comes from undisclosed angel investors, two of them partners in one of the biggest telecom companies in Turkey.
Trend.ly is a very basic site any way you look at it. Visitors can go to the site to enter any two-element poll (live examples: love vs. sex and Jessica Biel vs. Scarlett Johansson) and have the community vote on them by ‘liking’ one of the other.
Then again, the site has been live for less than 2 months now. Yes, that’s two months.
- With A $9 Million B Round, Taykey Targets Social Interests With Ads In Realtime
- Realtime Search Platform Topsy Raises $15 Million
- Online Search, Advertising Company Lijit Networks Lands $10 Million
- SpareFoot Lands $1.5 Million For Online Marketplace For Self-Storage Companies
- ConnectEDU Lands $7 Million For Online College And Career Planning Platform