Square Competitor VeriFone Strikes Key Deal With PayPal
VeriFone, which offers solutions that enable electronic payment transactions and related services at points of sale, will extend mobile payments acceptance with PayPal and integrate traditional card payments with its new partner’s Mobile Payments products.
In addition, PayPal Mobile App will soon work with VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile for iPhone (which is the product Square competes with, as it also enables merchants to accept payments via a software-hardware combo for the Apple smartphone).
Furthermore, the PAYware Mobile App will be enhanced to support PayPal Bump technology that enables iPhone users to bump their phones together to transfer money between them.
VeriFone will, upon integration, promote PayPal and Bump acceptance to its reseller channel. PayPal, in turn, will co-market VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile to its own user base.
The integrated capabilities are expected to be available next year.
- VeriFone Keeps Up FUD Campaign Against Square With Pathetic Facebook Ads
- Verifone Acquires Electronic Payments Company Hypercom For $485 Million
- VeriFone Takes The Gloves Off, Accuses Square Of Serious Security Hole
- Intuit Extends Free Version Offer For Square-Competitor GoPayment Indefinitely
- Square To Beef Up Card Reader Security This Summer (And VeriFone Wasn’t So Wrong, After All)