Another Digg Exec Is Out: Longtime CFO John Moffett Leaves
More bad news for Digg. Earlier today we broke the news that Digg was having a large wave of layoffs that cut 37% its staff, which came alongside the exit of Chief Revenue Officer Chas Edwards. We’ve just confirmed that Digg has also seen another departure from its executive team: Chief Financial Officer John Moffett recently left the company.
Moffett wasn’t a recently appointed executive hire — he’s been with Digg for nearly five years, which means he’s been there for most of the company’s history (it launched in 2004). According to his LinkedIn profile, Moffett has served as the company’s CFO since 2005, and has led the company’s “financial, legal, and human resource initiatives as part of the executive team.”
- Digg Hires Vast And Coremetrics Alum Ben Folk-Williams As New VP Of Engineering
- LivingSocial: Groupon’s Not The Only Company That Can Hire A CFO
- John Carmack Leaves id Software
- Former Google, Digg Product Chief Keval Desai Lands At VC Firm InterWest
- Former Digg VP Of Engineering Lands At Gilt Groupe