> Looks Like Our Friends Over At GigaOm Just Raised Another $2.5 Million
Looks Like Our Friends Over At GigaOm Just Raised Another $2.5 Million
Om Malik, well-respected journalist and founder of technology news blog network Giga Omni Media and its flagship blog GigaOm, broke the news about us being acquired by AOL about a month ago now.
The news is not as significant, but I’d like to say we’re getting back at them today, even if just a little: looks like the publishing company just raised another $2.5 million according to an SEC filing, bringing the total of capital raised by Giga Omni Media to a healthy $8.33 million.
The most recent financing round amounted to $4.5m and was closed over two years ago.
The fresh capital injection comes from Alloy Ventures and True Ventures (the Silicon Valley early-stage venture firm where Malik is partner).
The news comes at a time when GigaOm just lost senior writer and editor-at-large for NewTeeVe Liz Gannes to rival AllThingsD.
We’ve reached out to Om for comment on the financing round and what the company plans to do with the money. More acquisitions of smaller blogs, perhaps?
Source: Looks Like Our Friends Over At GigaOm Just Raised Another $2.5 Million
- GigaOm Raises Another $6 Million At $40 Million+ Valuation
- GroupMe Scores $10.6 Million From Khosla Ventures And Others
- Social Network For Gay Men Fabulis Rebrands To Fab.com, Raises $1.75 Million
- Coraid Raises $25 Million Series B To “Disrupt The Data Storage Market”
- Rocket Fuel Raises $6.6 Million Series C At $160 Million Valuation
Categories: techcrunch alloy ventures, blog, Giga, GigaOm, Liz Gannes, Malik, news, OMNI, omni media, Silicon Valley, stage venture, venture firm