ShopSocially Nabs $1.1 Million Series A, Lets You Shop Socially
We recently wrote about a new startup operating in the social commerce space, called ShopSocially. Founded in late 2009 by entrepreneurs Jai Rawat and Samir Palnitkar, ShopSocially’s tagline is “where friends help friends shop” as the site taps into your social graph (on Twitter and Facebook) for product recommendations.
The company this morning announced that it secured $1.1 million in Series A financing led by Valhalla Partners, with additional participation from angel investor Raman Khanna, Ashish Gupta and Dharmesh Thakker.
ShopSocially is essentially a site for friends to exchange shopping recommendations and discover new products. According to the company, more than 10,000 product recommendations have been created by friends in a few months since its launch.
- ShopSocially Debuts Social Sharing Tool For Retailers
- With 2 Million Downloads Under Its Belt, Appsfire Raises $3.6 Million Series A
- ShopSocial Raises $1.2 Million For Its “Commerce As A Social Service” Idea
- Cloud Computing Startup Nomadesk Raises $7 Million Series B To Support US Expansion
- ChaCha Raises $20 Million In Series F Funding