EA Buys ‘Angry Birds’ Publisher Chillingo For $20 Million, But May Not Get ‘Angry Birds’
Apparently early reports caused some confusion as to who actually owned Angry Birds and Angry Birds developer Rovio Mobile has just tweeted the above, prefaced with “we have not sold out.”
Going by the above and the reported price, the Angry Birds franchise is not part of the sale. Aside from recently debuting on the Android, Angry Birds has expanded into toys and games and has a rumored movie in the works.
- ‘Angry Birds’ Developer: “We Will Not Use Chillingo Again”
- Angry Birds On Android Projected To Generate $1 Million Per Month In Advertising
- Angry Birds Maker Rovio Raises $42 Million From Accel, Atomico And Felicis
- With 250 Million Downloads Angry Birds Moves Into Magic, Cookbooks, And More
- ‘Angry Birds’ Toys, A Photo Essay