When Steve Jobs Rants, Visualizations Of His Words Materialize
The above is an oft-used picture of Jobs, artfully turned into a word cloud based on his rantings, courtesy of Tagxedo. The latter service is a great way to visualize textual information, in spite of its God awful name.
As you can see, Android and Google are mentioned a lot, as are the words ‘app’ and ‘software’. You can also tell Jobs called Apple’s ‘approach’ ‘integrated’ quite a lot (rather than ‘closed’), stressed the importance of ‘developers’ in the ecosystem often and used the word ‘fragmented’ to bash Google and Android the most. Android chief Andy Rubin employed a vastly different strategy to, in true geeky fashion, respond to the rant on Twitter.
I’m left hoping Steve Jobs makes more appearances in earnings calls in the future.
Bonus: a word cloud based on Jobs’ entire 5-minute rant:
- Android Chief Andy Rubin Sends His First Tweet — And It’s Aimed At Steve Jobs
- Listen To Steve Jobs Rip Into Android And The Upcoming Tablet Competition [Audio]
- Google And TweetDeck Respond to Steve Jobs’ Anti-Android Tirade
- Steve Jobs Lashes Out At Android
- Steve Jobs Recommends Android For Fans of Porn