StockTwits Grabs $4 Million More In Inside Round
What was once a service that simply filtered public company stock related tweets out for traders, and was named accordingly, has since moved far beyond those humble beginnings.
Yep, those days as a simple Twitter filter are long behind them.
Cofounder and CEO Howard Lindzon tells us the company had another milestone today – a $4 million venture round from existing investors Foundry Group and True Ventures. That brings the total capital raised by the company to $8.6 million.
The funds will be used to hire more engineers and develop product more speedily, says Lindzon. And more updates are coming soon.
- Stealth NYC Startup Kohort Raises $3 Million Seed Round From IA Ventures, RRE, And More
- Silicon Valley-Bound, Waze Drives Its Way Into A Big $25 Million Round Of Funding
- Animoto In It To Win It, Takes $25 Million In Third Venture Round
- Urban Airship Closes $5.4 Million Funding Round To Help Power Mobile Apps
- TechCrunch Disrupt Winner Soluto Raises $10.2 Million In B Round