Listen To Steve Jobs Rip Into Android And The Upcoming Tablet Competition [Audio]
Clearly the most interesting part of Apple’s Q4 earnings call today was a surprise visit by CEO Steve Jobs. Just prior to the Q&A portion of the call, Jobs went into a 5-minute rant about the state of both the smartphone and tablet markets. Notably, he went directly after Google and their “open system” and he laughed off the idea that the iPad will have any real competition. We already have a post on why Jobs thinks “open systems don’t always win“, but below, find the full audio as well, as captured by SAI.
Amazing stuff. Open versus closed, the idea of “open“, fragmentation, tablet price points, etc. Jobs doesn’t mince words here — it’s a must-listen.
- Steve Jobs Lashes Out At Android
- Excerpts From Steve Jobs’ Biography: “Let’s Show Him What A Tablet Can Really Be”
- Ashton Kutcher To Play Steve Jobs In Upcoming Film
- When Steve Jobs Rants, Visualizations Of His Words Materialize
- Steve Jobs Responds To Google’s Claim That Android Is Open And iPhone Is Closed