Gamersband Raises $500,000 For Its Geo-Social Network For Gamers
Oxent, the French startup behind Gamersband, a geo-social network for gamers, has raised $500,000 in a Series A round led by French VC Petit Poucet. Oxtent is founded by Antoine Frankart and Matthieu Dallon, while Gamerband launched in late September and to-date claims 4,000 beta testers.
Gambersband is an interesting proposition in that it’s targeting video gamers with a social network that is ultimately aimed at face-to-face gaming, shunning the trend of networking and competing virtually. Dubbed a geo-social network, the site enables gamers to connect with other gamers living nearby in the belief that gaming is best when it’s not just social but local.
- Raptr, The Social Gaming Network, Launches First Personalized News Feed For Gamers
- Social Gaming Network Raptr Raises $15 Million; Hits 6 Million Users
- PapayaMobile Raises $18 Million For Mobile Social Gaming Network
- PC Gamers Too Good For Consoles Gamers?
- Social Commerce Network Lockerz Raises $30 Million