Apple Q4: $20B Revenue, $4B Profits, 3.89M Macs, 14.1M iPhones, 4.19M iPads — All New Records
You don’t need to look any further than Apple’s stock price over the past several months to know that they’re on a roll. A year ago, the stock price was at about $190 a share. Today, it closed at $317.93 a share — an all-time high. In fact, they’ve hit several all-time highs this month alone. Their market cap is quickly approach $300 billion. And today should only help that. The company has just announced their Q4 earnings and once again — boom.
Just as with last quarter, Apple easily beat the earnings estimates. The company posted $20.34 billion in revenue and $4.31 billion in profit — both new records for Apple. EPS was $4.64 (Wall Street consensus had been $4.06 and Apple’s guidance had been $3.44). A year ago, Apple posted revenue of $12.21 billion with a profit of $2.53 billion ($2.77 EPS). All that said, gross margin did drop a bit, to 36.9 percent down from 41.8 percent a year ago.
The key product numbers: 3.89 million Macs during the quarter, 14.1 million iPhones, 9.05 million iPods, and 4.19 million iPads. Aside from iPods, each of those is a new record for the company. The number of iPhones sold is probably the most amazing stat there. As CEO Steve Jobs very specifically notes in the PR, Apple sold 2 million more iPhones last quarter than RIM sold BlackBerry devices. He also notes that “we still have a few surprises left for the remainder of this calendar year” — *cough* Wednesday *cough*
Given how quickly the iPad sold out of the gate (3.27 million in the first quarter it was available), the 4.19 million may seem a little low. But that also means Apple sold more iPads than Macs for the first time — and again, it only took two quarters of existence to do that.
More to come — the earnings call will be starting at 2 PM PT. We’ll take notes live below.
- Apple Earnings Q2 ’11: $24.67B Revenue; 3.76M Macs, 18.65M iPhones, 4.69M iPads Sold
- Apple Beats Estimates; Sells 18.65 Million iPhones, 4.69 Million iPads & 3.76 million Macs In Q2 2011
- Apple Blows Away Estimates With Best Ever Quarter; Sells 20.34 Million iPhones, 9.25 Million iPads & 3.95 million Macs In Q3 2011
- Apple Posts All-Time Record Revenue Of $15.7 Billion; Sells 8.4 Million iPhones And 3.27 Million iPads In Q3
- Apple’s Insane Q1 2011: $26.7 Billion Revenue; 7 Million iPads, 16 Million iPhones Sold