> Tesla Signs $60 Million Contract With Toyota
Tesla Signs $60 Million Contract With Toyota
thecarchik writes “Tesla Motors announced that it has reached a $60 million deal with Toyota to develop the powertrain for an electric version of the strong-selling Rav4 sport utility vehicle. A prototype RAV4 Electric will be unveiled by Toyota at November’s Los Angeles Auto Show. The company plans to sell the electric RAV4 starting in 2012, the same year that a number of new electric cars will join the 2011 Nissan Leaf and 2011 Chevrolet Volt in the U.S. market.”
Source: Tesla Signs $60 Million Contract With Toyota
- Toyota Introduces Electric RAV4, Powered By Tesla Motor
- Toyota and Tesla May Work Together Again
- Toyota Partners With Tesla To Make Electric Cars
- Tesla To Produce ‘a Few Million’ Electric Cars a Year By 2025
- Future of Cars: Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Or Electric?
Categories: slashdot chevrolet volt, deal, Leaf, Los Angeles, market source, Rav, s market, sport utility vehicle, technology, Tesla, tesla motors, thecarchik, Toyota, transportation, U.S.