How To Deflect an Asteroid With Today’s Technology
Matt_dk writes “Apollo 9 astronaut Rusty Schweickart is among an international group of people championing the need for the human race to prepare for what will certainly happen one day: an asteroid threat to Earth. Schweickart said the technology is available today to send a mission to an asteroid in an attempt to move it, or change its orbit so that an asteroid that threatens to hit Earth will pass by harmlessly. But what would such a mission entail?“
- Paintball Pellets As a Tool To Deflect Asteroids
- NASA’s Asteroid Redirect Mission May Not Actually Redirect an Asteroid
- Engineers Working On Swarm Of Laser Wielding Satellites To Deflect Asteroids
- What To Do About an Asteroid That Has a 1 In 625 Chance of Hitting Us In 2040?
- No, a Huge Asteroid Is Not “Set To Wipe Out Life On Earth In 2880″