Curate That! Nsyght Makes Twitter Curation As Easy As Hashtagging
There seems to have been a rash of startups based on Twitter in London. Some of the best known are Tweetdeck and Tweetmeme, but others have appeared like Curated.by (which just moved out to the Valley). But one which has been bubbling under and, like curated.by is focused on curated realtime streams, nsyght.com. We covered their relaunch last year when they announced Angel funding from a group of investors which included Shawn Kernes (co-founder of Stubhub).
Nsyght’s approach is that the product retrieves information from a user’s entire social graph (Twitter, Facebook, digg, Vimeo, Stumbleupon, Flickr, Delicious etc). Turn on the “everyone” firehouse and it updates very, very fast, due to it’s own bespoke search engine. Nsyght differs from Curated.by in that it’s far more geared to archiving realtime streams – Curated.by search is still limited by the same limits Twitter has.
They’ve now released a new feature which focuses on making a combination of twitter’s saved searches and lists searchable. That makes sense. Have you tried making lots of Twitter lists? It’s a pain in the ass. Curating is all very well, but it takes effort. So on Nsyght you create a list and chose to have the list follow just you, then create lists very, very easily.
- Twitter For Mac Is Like Massively Multiplayer IM — Will It Alter Twitter Itself?
- Realtime Search On Hiatus While Google And Twitter Figure Themselves Out
- Tracking Your Interests on Facebook: How It Compares to Twitter & Google+
- Formulists One Ups Twitter’s Topic Search with Filters, Lists
- Feast Your Eyes On Recipe Curation Site Gojee