> Convincing Your Employer To Go With FOSS?
Convincing Your Employer To Go With FOSS?
mark72005 writes “My employer is currently looking at adopting a content management system for use by our technical support staff (Primarily first-line end user suport, but hopefully it will include deeper levels of support personnel eventually). The candidates are currently Plone (OSS) and Confluence (proprietary, closed-source). For those with experience in each, what argument could be made in favor of Plone to managers interested in pragmatism rather than idealism?”
Source: Convincing Your Employer To Go With FOSS?
- Is Getting Acquired Good For FOSS Projects?
- Prime Minister to French Government: Favor FOSS Wherever Possible
- Indian FOSS Evangelist Atul Chitnis Dead At 51
- Ask Slashdot: Convincing My Company To Stop Using Passwords?
- Why Freeloaders Are Essential To FOSS Project Success
Categories: slashdot business, confluence, content, content management system, employer, FOSS, it, mark, opensource, Plone, pragmatism, support, technical support staff