Care.com Raises $20 Million To Connect You To Nannies, Babysitters And Caregivers
Caregiver search portal Care.com has raised $20 million in funding from New Enterprise Associates with participation from existing investors, Matrix Partners and Trinity Ventures. This latest investment brings Care.com’s total funding up to over $23 million.
Care.com allows you to search prescreened profiles of hundreds of thousands of babysitters, nannies, tutors, housekeepers and senior caregivers, both locally and nationally (the site provides local services in over 30 cities in the U.S.). You can also access user reviews of caregivers, background check reports of caregivers and recorded reference interviews. And families find advice from experts and toolsregarding care related issues and topics.
The company plans to use the funding towards mitigating further growth. For example, Care.com will expand its network via corporate and government partnerships; customized senior care service offerings; and, new vertical expansion into pet care, tutoring and housekeeping.
- Sittercity Raises $22.6 Million To Connect Families With Caregivers
- Alliance Health Raises $11 Million For Condition-Specific Social Networks
- RediLearning Closes $1.75 Million For Systems To Train Senior Care Workers
- Zipzoom Raises $2.2 Million To Help Connect Shoppers And Local Businesses
- Hold The Phone – Adknowledge Actually Raises $200 Million, Plans Acquisitions