Euro Entrepreneurs: “Either Come to the Valley or Stay Home and Play with the Losers”
Every week there seems to be another Brit announcing that they’re leaving London’s startup community and heading west to Silicon Valley. Meanwhile, those who have already made the jump frequently head home to offer advice and encouragement to those left behind on how to follow suit.
But with the decline of Silicon Valley and the rise of emerging markets, is moving to San Francisco still the right thing to do for Euro entrepreneurs? We invited Bastian Lehmann, founder and CEO of curated.by into the TechCrunch TV studios and asked him to explain the journey that took him from his first startup in Germany to his second in London to his new home in Silicon Valley.
We start by asking if he feels like he’s abandoning his homeland…
- Why Silicon Valley Immigrant Entrepreneurs Are Returning Home
- DST’s Yuri Milner Buys $70 Million Home In Silicon Valley
- You Gotta Fight For Your Right – How To Thrive As A European Startup In The Valley
- Hipster Ventures? Lame Name For A Good Idea To Launch Euro Startups In The Valley
- Internet Entrepreneurs Are Like Professional Athletes, They Peak Around 25