Facebook Billionaire Gives Money To Legalize Marijuana
Aldenissin writes “Dustin Moskovitz confirmed that he has recently given (an additional) $50,000 in support of Proposition 19, which is seeking to legalize marijuana in California this November. He had previously donated $20,000 to supporters of the act, which would allow people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate or transport cannabis for personal use and would permit local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of the substance. Asked for a comment as to why he’s backing the legalization of marijuana, Moskovitz just sent this statement: ‘More than any other initiative out there, Prop 19 will stabilize our national security and bolster our state economy. It will alleviate unnecessary overcrowding of non-violent offenders in our state jails, which in turn will help California residents.’ An irony here is that about a month ago, Facebook refused to take FireDogLake’s ‘Just Say Now’ pro-cannabis law reform ads.”
- Best Buds: Gmail Creator Joins Facebook Co-Founder, Donates 100K To Legalize Marijuana
- Politics: Paul-Barney Bill Would Legalize Marijuana Federally
- Which Strains of Marijuana Put the Least Strain on Memory?
- Obama Admin Says It Won’t Fight Looser Marijuana Laws, With Conditions
- Study Shows Marijuana Use In Teens Correlates To Decreasing IQ