Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released
They have just released the beta version of Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for Windows users as well.
It uses the pwnage2 DFU-mode exploit and not the SHAtter exploit that was discovered by pod2g so it can be used to jailbreak only iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G.
They have posted the following update on their blog for Windows users:
Any Windows users seeing “Waiting for reboot” for too long (more than 20 seconds or so), please try “shaking” the JB process by unplugging then replugging your USB cable (while letting redsn0w continue to run). Also, try using a USB port “closer” to your computer (as opposed to on your monitor or behind another hub). We’re still tweaking the Windows flow and so any feedback you can provide will help!
If you want to unlock your iPhone then do NOT use Redsn0w. Redsn0w will NOT hactivate or unlock your iPhone 3G. We suggest you use Sn0wbreeze as it protects the baseband and then use Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 3G after you have successfully updated and jailbroken iOS 4.1.
You can download Redsn0w using the download link provided by Dev team at the bottom of their post.
Mac users can checkout our how-to guide to jailbreak iOS 4.1 using Redsn0w for iPhone 3G Users. We will also publish a guide for Windows users shortly.
Please don’t forget to let us know how it goes.
[via Dev team]
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 Released To Jailbreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Released
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch And Apple TV 2G Released; Uses Limera1n Exploit
- Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 & Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 For Windows: iOS 5 Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released
- Sn0wbreeze To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released