Geohot Is Back With Limera1n – New Bootrom Exploit To Jailbreak All iDevices On iOS 4.1
Geohot had abandoned the jailbreaking scene in July but he seems to be back with a bang. He has discovered a new new bootrom exploit, which he is calling limera1n.
He has published a photo on the limera1n site of 4 devices displaying the limera1n logo.
P0sixninja of the Chronic Dev Team has confirmed the news:
yes, the news about geohot is true, the day after we release ETA he decides he wants a piece of the #pie
and yes it is a different bootrom exploit, he wants us to use it in GP, but there's no way we'll make our ETA if we do
Meanwhile, Chronic Dev Team is planning to release greenpois0n on Sunday, October 10th.
P0sixninja has clarified that the new bootrom exploit discovered by Geohot is different from the SHAtter exploit that is being used in greenpois0n to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, iPad and Apple TV (all devices running Apple’s A4 processor). It looks like Geohot’s exploit will work on all iDevices.
It needs to be seen if the Chronic Dev team decides to implement Geohot’s exploit and save SHAtter for iOS 4.2.
- Dev Team And Chronic Dev Team Comment On Geohot’s Limera1n; Greenpois0n Delayed
- Dev Team: Limera1n And SHAtter Exploit Patched In iPad 2; Will Delay iPad 2 Jailbreak
- Greenpois0n: Jailbreak Tool For iOS 4.1 For iPhone And iPod Touch Will Be Released On 10/10/10 At 10:10:10
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch And Apple TV 2G Released; Uses Limera1n Exploit
- Greenpois0n To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G And iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Released