Ubisoft Taps Playspan To Power Virtual Goods Platform
PlaySpan powers virtual goods marketplaces across 1,000 video games and virtual world publishers PlaySpan-powered marketplaces lets users sell, exchange and purchase online game items, virtual goods, and game currencies for online games and applications. The platforms also allow publishers to managing global micropayments, ecommerce, and micro-transactions across 180 countries. Current customers include Sanrio, Adobe, Viacom/Nickelodeon, Disney and Warner Brothers.
The startup’s microtransactions and ecommerce platform will be used for a number of Ubisoft’s game titles, including MMO, and Might & Magic: Heroes Kingdoms. In addition to providing a white-label marketplace for virtual goods, Playspan also offers companie in-depth management and reporting tools. And the platform allows gives buyers 85 different payment methods including credit cards, PayPal, mobile, and more.
- Visa Buys Virtual Goods Monetization Platform PlaySpan For $190 Million In Cash
- Facebook Taps PlaySpan’s UltimatePay As Payment Option For Credits
- PlaySpan’s Ultimate Pay Brings In-App Mobile Payments To Android Devices
- Social Gaming To Be A $1B Market In 2011; Virtual Goods To Bring In $653M
- Ubisoft Says No More Game Manuals