Top Reason for Facebook Unfriending Is Too Many Useless Posts
alphadogg writes “The No. 1 reason why friends dump friends on Facebook is when they get fed up seeing too many useless posts, according to new research out of the University of Colorado Denver Business School. Posts about polarizing subjects such as politics and religion as well as inappropriate and racist comments also sever many Facebook relationships, according to Christopher Sibona, a PhD student in the Computer and Science and Information Systems program. ‘Researchers spend a lot of time examining how people form friendships online but little is known on how those relationships end,’ said Sibona, whose research will be published in January by the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. ‘Perhaps this will help us develop a theory of the entire cycle of friending and unfriending.’ Sibona surveyed more than 1,500 Facebook users to get to the bottom of why people dump each other. Not surprisingly, people who flood others with posts are at great risk of being unfriended. ‘The 100th post about your favorite band is no longer interesting,’ he said.” Samzenpus likes this.
- Woman Has 152 Facebook Friends Tattooed Onto arm – Unfriending Tricky?
- Facebook For iPhone Updated; v3.4 Brings Ability To Check In To Events, Map View For Places, Unfriending & More
- Facebook For iPhone Gets Event Check-Ins, Maps, And Unfriending
- How Well Do You Actually Know The People You Friend On Facebook? [Infographic]
- Another Reason To Become Facebook Friends With Strangers