Facebook Now Allows You To “Download Your Information”
Whoah. Until now there hasn’t been a way to download info off of Facebook. At today’s Facebook event in Palo Alto, Mark Zuckerberg just announced a feature that allows users to port their data off of Facebook, “People own and have control over all info they put into Facebook and “Download Your Information” enables people to take stuff with them,” says Zuckerberg.
This is groundbreaking as the premise behind the Diaspora Project is that it is the “open” portable Facebook. As of today it seems like Facebook is the “open” portable Facebook.
Facebook Product Manager David Recordon explains that you can access the “Download Your Information” feature from your account settings, hit the download button and Facebook will allow you to download everything off your profile, including all of your messages, wall posts and all of your photos, into a zip file.
Recordon emphasizes that the product will be simple enough for laymen to use, a one click process.
- Facebook’s ‘Download Your Information’ Feature Has A Memory Lapse
- Facebook Implements ‘Download Your Profile’ Option
- Facebook’s Zuckerberg Becomes Poster Child for New Privacy Settings
- Facebook Silently Removes Ability To Download Your Posts
- Facebook: 350M People Using Messaging; More Than 4B Messages Sent Daily