Laptop Heat May Cause ‘Toasted Skin Syndrome’
mrvook submitted an item that might affect a lot of you “Working with a laptop on one’s lap for extended periods of time has been found to cause heat damage and skin discoloration in a handful of cases, prompting researchers examining the phenomenon to recommend thermal protection for laptop users and warnings labels on laptop device packaging.” Only 10 cases have actually been reported, so this might just be a case of media hyping something, or it could be the end of the world with a generation of nerds doomed to sterility and crunchy crotches.
- FAA Reports Heat In Cargo Holds Can Ignite Laptop Batteries
- Extreme Microbe Brewing: the Curse of Auto-Brewery Syndrome
- Scientists Silence Extra Chromosome In Down Syndrome Cells
- Doctors Reverse With Drugs Autism-Linked Fragile X Syndrome
- Doctors Reverse With Drugs Autism-Linked Fragile X Syndrome In Mice