Dev Team Jailbreak Apple TV Using SHAtter
Few days back, we had reported that the iPhone Dev Team had jailbroken iOS 4.1 firmware for Apple TV. This was even before Apple had started shipping the device. Apple had released the firmware a day before customers started receiving the new Apple TV.
Dev Team announced this achievement on their blog:
It’s confirmed…SHAtter can trick Apple’s new AppleTV 2G into restoring to a pre-jailbroken IPSW from PwnageTool too! Literally the only UI application on the ATV is Lowtide.app, but now the window is open for jailbroken apps of all varieties. (Just like the early iPhone days, the only apps you’ll see on the AppleTV will be jailbroken ones).
You can checkout the video of the dev team getting root access to the new Apple TV:
Which jailbreak apps or hacks is on your wish list for Apple TV?
[via Dev Team’s blog]
- Apple Releases iOS 4.1 For Apple TV; Firmware Already Jailbroken Using SHAtter
- Dev Team Jailbreak iOS 4.1 On iPod Touch 4G Using SHAtter
- Dev Team: Limera1n And SHAtter Exploit Patched In iPad 2; Will Delay iPad 2 Jailbreak
- Sn0wbreeze 2.0 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Will Be Released Soon; SHAtter Jailbreak Progress Update
- Dev Team Release Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G And iPod Touch 2G