Apple Releases Remote 2.0; Optimized For iPhone 4 Retina Display, Adds Support For iPad And Compatibility With New Apple TV
According to the what’s new section, Remote 2.0 includes the following new features:
• Universal app so it is designed for iPhone, iPod touch, and also the iPad
• Optimized for Retina displays and large screen real estate on iPad
• Support for Shared Libraries on iTunes and new Apple TV
• Bug fixes and compatibility with iTunes 10 and the new Apple TV
I’m not sure if this was possible in the previous version of the Remote app but it looks like with Remote 2.0 you can also adjust the volume of each speaker separately from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The new version of the app also gets a new iTunes 10 style icon.
Please don’t forget to give us your feedback about Remote 2.0 in the comments section below.
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.4 As a 64-bit Cocoa Application For Mac OS X; Adds Support For Lion’s Full-Screen App Capability
- The (Fake) Banned iPad 2 Promo: “Like The iPhone 4, Minus The Retina Display”
- Apple To Launch ‘iPad HD’ With Retina Display; Redesigned iPhone 5 This Fall?
- Study Claims iPad 2 Display Delivers Almost Identical Performance To iPhone 4’s Retina Display
- Apple Unveils New iPod Touch With Retina Display, FaceTime, HD Video Recording, A4 Processor And More