Apple Releases iOS 4.2 Beta 2 And iTunes 10.1 Beta To Developers
Apple has released the second beta version of iOS 4.2 (build 8C5101c) and iOS SDK 4.2 to developers of iOS Dev Center.
Apple has also released iTunes 10.1 Beta and Mac OS X 10.6.5 Delta update as they are required for the AirPrint feature.
The release notes does not provide any details about the changes but this time Apple has provided the requirements for the new AirPrint feature.
According to the iOS 4.2 release notes, these are requirements to test the new wireless printing feature AirPrint:
A printer that supports AirPrint, running the latest available firmware
A printer shared through a Mac running Mac OS X 10.6.5 beta, available on the iOS developer page
A printer shared through a PC running iTunes 10.1 beta, available on the iOS developer page
iOS 4.2 Beta 1 has already revealed the following features:
The screen orientation lock switch on the iPad has now been repurposed to serve as the mute switch
New fonts for Notes app
New Settings option
New Default Lockscreen Keyboard
Allow you to search for text on a web page in Mobile Safari
Allows users to set text tones to individual contacts
You can checkout our iOS 4.2 new features roundup article for more details.
We will let you know if the latest beta version of iOS 4.2 reveals any interesting new features.
- Apple Releases iOS 4.2 Beta 3 And iTunes 10.1 Beta 2 To Developers
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 Beta 9 To Developers
- Apple Releases iOS 4.3 Beta 2 To Developers; New Multitouch Gestures Will Not Be Enabled In iOS 4.3
- Apple Seeds iTunes 10.5 Beta 8 And iWork For iOS Beta 3 To Developers; Tells Them To Get Apps Ready for iCloud Backup & Restore
- Apple Releases iOS 5 Beta 2 To Developers; Enables Wi-Fi Sync Feature