Apple Releases iOS 4.1 For Apple TV; Firmware Already Jailbroken Using SHAtter
It finally confirms that the new Apple TV will be based on iOS as it has been widely speculated.
iPhone Dev Team announced this achievement on their blog:
It’s looking like SHAtter is going to be the gift that keeps on giving. Even though the new AppleTV isn’t yet in people’s homes, the firmware is available on Apple’s normal public distribution servers and SHAtter has been used to decrypt its keys!
It will also be interesting to see when Apple opens up the Apple TV platform to developers. We see a revolution coming to the television space if that happens.
Have you ordered the new Apple TV? Do you plan to order it after hearing that it can be jailbroken? Tell us in the comments section below.
- Dev Team Jailbreak Apple TV Using SHAtter
- PS3 With 3.50 Firmware Jailbroken Without Downgrade
- Dev Team Jailbreak iOS 4.1 On iPod Touch 4G Using SHAtter
- AppleTV Runs iOS, Already Jailbroken
- Jailbreak iOS 5: iPhone Dev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.8b4; OTA Update Don’t Work On Jailbroken iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch