Hack Enables HDR Photography & Game Center On iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
Apple traditionally cites the incapability of the older hardware to handle certain functionalities on the new OS as the reason behind their decision to block such features.
But that hasn't stopped Macusercom in figuring out a way to port the HDR and the Game Center features to iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.
HDR/GameCenter Enabler is a new jailbreak app that will enable Game Center on iPhone 3G while providing access to the HDR photography capability on both iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.
However, the hack works only on iOS 4.1 and as you might have already guessed, you need to jailbreak your iPhone to install it.
It is worth noting that the necessary jailbreak tools for iOS 4.1 were released only recently. If you are a Mac user, you can check out the latest update of Redsn0w to jailbreak your iPhone. Windows users may alternately use the recently released Sn0wbreeze tool for jailbreaking their device. Also, SHAtter, which should be an easier jailbreaking solution, is already in the works and should be released shortly.
If you have a jailbroken iPhone then you can install HDR/GameCenter Enabler for free from Cydia.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments below.
- Will iOS 4.2 Bring HDR Photography Feature To iPhone 3GS?
- iPhone 4S Has Been Jailbroken, Hack Enables Siri on iPhone 4
- FaceIt-3GS – Hack Enables FaceTime On iPhone 3GS
- FaceForward – Hack Enables Hidden Facebook For iPad App
- Apple Getting Ready For The Official Launch Of Game Center; Confirms It Is Not Compatible With iPhone 3G