Dev Team Release Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G And iPod Touch 2G
Dev Team has provided the following information about Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 on their blog:
We’ve released a beta version of redsn0w for the iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G at FW 4.1 or 4.0. It uses the same pwnage2 DFU-mode exploit that we’ve been using since the 2.x days. It does not include the SHAtter exploit developed by pod2g. Nothing new is revealed to Apple with this jailbreak.
IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W UNLOCK, PLEASE WAIT FOR PWNAGETOOL TO SUPPORT 4.1. DO NOT USE REDSN0W. That’s because to use redsn0w at 4.1, you need to already have updated to official 4.1 from Apple. If you do that, you lose the ultrasn0w unlock (possible forever).
Note: if you have an “MC” model of the ipt2g, your 4.1 jailbreak will be tethered…sorry! (Consider rolling back to a FW supported by jailbreakme.com or spiritjb.com)
===== What devices, platforms, and FW versions are supported? =====
This BETA release supports:
- iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G only (for now)
- Mac OS X x86 only (for now)
- 4.1 or 4.0 firmware from Apple
Note: If you choose to “Enable battery percentage”, you actually toggle that off and on via Settings->General->Usage.
Dev team have currently released Redsn0w only for Mac but they are also testing the Windows version and plan to release it shortly.
Dev team is also planning to release PwnageTool for iOS 4.1 for Mac sometime in the future, which should be used by iPhone users who want to preserve their baseband so that they can use Ultrasn0w to unlock their iPhone. iH8sn0w is also expected to release Sn0wbreeze 2.0 to jailbreak iOS 4.1, which is the Windows version of the PwnageTool on September 22 (Wednesday).
You can download Redsn0w using the download link provided by Dev team at the bottom of their post.
Please don’t forget to let us know how it goes.
Thanks Propain111 for the tip!
[via Dev Team’s blog]
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 Released To Jailbreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Released
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch And Apple TV 2G Released; Uses Limera1n Exploit
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released
- Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 & Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 For Windows: iOS 5 Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released