iPhone 4 Vs. iPod Touch 4G: Boot Up Speed, Camera & Display Compared
Apple released the new iPod Touch 4G earlier this month that comes with several features that are also incorporated on the recently launched iPhone 4. This includes an A4 processor, retina display and a 720p HD video camera.
A Czech Apple news website has now published a side-by-side comparison of these specifications on the two devices that offer a pretty interesting analysis of these features.
In the first comparison, the booting time of the new iPod Touch with those of the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad. Quite revealingly, the iPad had the shortest startup time of 19.04 seconds. In comparison, the startup time of the new iPod Touch was 26.40 seconds while the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS took 28.64 seconds and 32.80 seconds to boot up.
In the next comparison, iPod Touch and iPhone 4's 720p HD video camera were also compared. The comparison clearly reveals that the video captured on the new iPod Touch has a darker contrast than the video from iPhone 4. Check out the side-by-side comparison of the two iDevices in the video embedded below.
You must be aware that the new iPod Touch comes with the same 326ppi retina display that is also available on the iPhone 4. However, the similarity ends here since the new iPod Touch does not come with the same In-Plane Switching technology (IPS) that is seen on the iPhone 4. The IPS technology on iPhone 4 offers crisp and accurate rendering of colors even when they are viewed from sharp angles. In the absence of IPS on the iPod Touch, the display renders distorted colors when viewed from sharp angles as you can see below.
Were you surprised by the results? Tell us in the comments section below.
- iPod Touch 4G With Retina Display And Dual Camera Coming Soon
- Apple Unveils New iPod Touch With Retina Display, FaceTime, HD Video Recording, A4 Processor And More
- Next Generation iPod Touch To Come With iPhone 3GS-Like 3.2-MP Camera?
- Apple Releases Basic iPod Touch, Possibly Foreshadowing iPhone Strategy
- Sn0wbreeze 2.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G, Apple TV 2G iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Released