Anti-Product Placement For Negative Branding
An anonymous reader writes “Product placement to promote your brand just isn’t enough any more. These days, apparently, some companies are resorting to anti-product placement in order to get competitors’ products in the hands of ‘anti-stars.’ The key example being Snooki from Jersey Shore, who supposedly is being sent handbags by companies… but the bags being sent are of competitors’ handbags as a way to avoid Snooki carrying their own handbag, and thus potentially damaging their brand.”
- Digital Tech and the Re-Birth of Product Placement
- Apple Deemed Top of Movie Product Placement Charts
- 2014 Hour of Code: Do Ends Justify Disney Product Placement Means?
- Dear Gene: A Self-Branding Reply To Gene Weingarten’s Self-Branding Column About Self-Branding
- Utility Wants $17,500 Refund After Failure To Scrub Negative Search Results