Comex Could Release JailbreakMe Like Web-Based Method To Jailbreak iOS 4.1
We had reported yesterday that based on Apple’s UK and Spanish site, iOS 4.1 will be released on September 8.
MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev Team revealed:
it'll be userland JB if @comex can pull trifecta. Else, wait for new HW cycle (also remember: hole!=exploit)
According to iSpazio, Comex has two methods to jailbreak iOS 4.1. The first one is a userland jailbreak, which will allow him to release a tool like JailbreakMe to jailbreak iOS 4.1.
The second one is based on a bootrom exploit like Blackra1n, which is more complicated and will take Comex more time to release it.
Do you plan to upgrade to iOS 4.1 when it is released or will you wait for Comex or Dev Team to release tools to jailbreak iOS 4.1? Let us know in the comments.
- How To Prevent Malicious Websites From Using Security Hole In iOS Used In JailbreakMe – Web-Based Jailbreak Method
- Comex: Running Out Of Bugs To Fix; JailbreakMe 3.0 Release Imminent?
- Apple Hires Comex – iPhone Hacker Behind Popular Jailbreak Tools Like JailbreakMe, Spirit As An Intern
- Comex On JailbreakMe 3.0: It’s Been Far Too Long
- Dev Team: PwnageTool, Limera1n, Comex Hacks Will Be Able To Jailbreak Future iOS Firmwares For iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4G