Twitter For iPad Available On The App Store; Get It Now As It’s Awesome
If you like Twitter for iPhone, you should definitely checkout Twitter for iPad, it comes with an amazing user interface.
Until now, Twitter’s application was designed only for the iPhone and iPad users had to use the iPhone app using the pixel-doubling feature or other third party Twitter apps for iPad.
Twitter has announced the launch of their iPad app on their blog:
Today we are bringing Tweets to a device that really lets content shine – the iPad. Twitter for iPad takes advantage of the iPad’s fluid touch interface, letting you move lots of information around smoothly and quickly – without needing to open and close windows or click buttons. There are a few things we want to point out that make this app a really fast and fun way to read real-time content.
The coolest feature of the Twitter app for iPad is the implementation of the Panes feature and the multitouch gestures.
MG Siegler of TechCrunch explains it very well:
What Twitter has done is create an amazing user experience for reading information. This is thanks to an intuitive user interface that layers on top of itself. So, for example, if I click on a link in my tweet stream, I’ll have a new layer that rolls over to show that webpage in a customized browser window. If you’ve used Flipboard, it’s somewhat similar, but better because it’s much easier to go back to where ever you previously were before you clicked the link. You simply swipe something to the side to move it temporarily or swipe it again to get it off the screen (in portrait mode anyway, where there’s less space).
You can use the following gestures in Twitter for iPad:
- You can pinch on a Tweet to quickly view details about the author and to take actions on a Tweet, such as reply or retweet.
- Put two fingers together and pull down on a Tweet to peek at the replies, showing the entire conversation leading to that Tweet.
Here are some screenshots of the iPad app:
You can checkout the demo video of Twitter’s impressive iPad app:
Please let us know your thoughts on Twitter’s iPad app in the comments section below.
[via Twitter Blog]
- Twitter For iPhone Now Available In The App Store
- With “Quick Bar”, Twitter Has Figured Out How To Cram Ads Into The Stream
- Twitter’s Official iPhone App Shows Up On The App Store
- Twitter Rolls Out Slick Mobile Web App: It’s Like Twitter For iPhone But Upside Down
- iPad Apps Are Now Available On The App Store